Fibery Weekend

Saturday, November 05, 2011
I have no photos for you today because I forgot to take some (how's that for honesty!).  However, here's a roundup of the week's fibery pursuits:

  • Set five skeins of yarn (you saw a photo of this earlier in the week), of which three are the DD's and two are mine.  Of the ones that are mine, both are destined for shawlish wear; the laceweight for a light shawl of unknown pattern, and the worsted/bulky for a warm one with a very simple pattern.  I'm hoping to have that done soon so it can go into the PhatFiber December box.
  • Approx. 4 oz of fiber spun.  I spun up the "cloud" of fiber from the PF retreat in October, and will be using that for cuffs.  Also did half of the Halloween batts.  I did two of the green/yellow and one of the pink in a A-B-C single, and will do the remaining ones in half-batt runs on the single so that the pattern is D-E-F-D-E-F.  If all works out, this means the resulting two ply from the two singles should be A/D - A/E - B/F - B/D - C/E - C/F.  Which is sortof a take on the fractal spinning craze that's going around right now.
  • Finished swatching for my next KnitCircus pattern.  I love this yarn, and I love this concept, and I love this pattern, which is why I'm surprised I'm not working on it right now.
  • Started the back (I've decided) of the Christmas sweater for the DS.  This is the bright red cotton thing that keeps morphing in nature with every stitch I do.  Which is why I'm working on the back - as of tonight I'm not confident on the pullover idea and may well switch to a cardigan.  Luckily, the back would be done the same.  The next looming question: set in sleeves or drop?  Or a modification?
  • Did a major round of tech editing, though I have two largeish patterns underway right now as well.  It always happens that as soon as I think I've got some breathing room, one of my regulars comes by with some interesting work!  I love it though, it's fun and it'll make Christmas a bit less stressful from a financial perspective.
I've been struggling with a cold all week, including a horrible-sounding (and feeling) chesty cough that's driving me insane.  Several nights this week I haven't been able to get to sleep until sunrise, because of nearly constant coughing.  Anyone have tried and true remedies?  I'm trying cough drops, dextromethorphan/guaifenesin meds (aka, cough medicine), tea with honey, elevated pillows, meditation, lots of juice.

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.