Tour de Fleece Day 5: FLUFFY!

Wednesday, July 06, 2011
IT'S SO FLUFFY!

This, my friends, is 35yd/3.1oz of 4-ply super bulky pink fabulousness.  This was so bulky in spots that I had to manually wind it onto the bobbin, even though I was using my plying flyer with my Babe Production.  Perhaps I should have plied it on my big ol' plying spindle instead - it would have been quicker.  I love this yarn beyond reason, especially since a: I don't normally like pink and b: I haven't a clue what I'm going to do with it.  Perhaps a hat for the DD.  For now I'm just glorying in the FLUFFY!

I'm also glorying in fluffy of a less-completed nature.  Look what showed up on my porch today:

A box of Navaho/Jacob/Romney cross fleece from my favorite aunt's caramel colored lamb, "Ms Lemon."  Squee!


And more squee!  Four (FOUR!) llama fleeces from the same aunt's animals.  There are two greys, a tan, and a beige fleece, each in bags.

Sadly, I won't be able to start working on these until late next week - but they do give me something to look forward to on my comp day.

(And did I mention, FLUFFY! SQUEE!)

1 comments:

  • FoFo

    Love the pink!

    What do you do to raw fleece to get it ready for dying and spinning?

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.