Tour De Fleece Day 3

Tuesday, July 05, 2011
Quick post as I've got to go to bed.  Tonight for the 4th the DD and I went over to a friend's house for dinner (after driving home from TN and napping).  There were amazing storms - with hail! That woke us all up, but sadly the DS is sick so he and the hupband stayed home for the evening.  I took my Sonata on her first trip away from home, and spun while playing Monopoly with the friends.  I did about 3oz of the most luscious alpaca/silk from Natchwoolie (called Black Pearl).  Then I plied it with the purple spindle spun from Day 1.  Sadly, the purple didn't behave itself very well - it kept snapping/fraying while plying.  I caught two of the times it did this and was able to spit-splice it back together, but there are at least three more times that I didn't manage to get while spinning.  So the finished product is far from perfect - but it's also gorgeous, heavy, shiny, and slightly slithery.  I love it!

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.