Tour de Fleece Day 1

Saturday, July 02, 2011
Two years ago I started spinning during the Tour de Fleece using spindles bought from various places and a lot of fiber from Phat Fiber contributors. Sad to say, I still have some fiber on spindles that I started way back when! My first few days of the Tour this year are to finish up those WIPs. Today I finished a single-ply, roughly laceweight, of purple wool bits from a WC Mercantile grab bag (or two. I love those things).

I'm planning to ply this either with one of my monster batts (I may have to make one that has a lot of blues and purples, oh poor me) or with something neutral.  Last fall at the Phat Phamily Spin-In I did some of this with a charcoal alpaca that Hilary brought as swag - and loved it.  I gave that to Judy (aka MamaJude) in a secret swap in the winter, though, and am wanting some of my own.  I think it could make a really striking hat or perhaps mitts.

No idea what the yardage is on this as I don't have my niddy noddy handy, nor do I know the finished weight.  I'd guess it's a decent amount, though.  This is Day 1 of my Tour done!

1 comments:

  • FoFo

    I would love to learn how to do that!

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.