Planning for the next round of submissions

Thursday, August 12, 2010
About two weeks ago I promised myself that, once the current rush of patterns for publication is over I'll spend some time working on knitting for fun (i.e., Christmas) and patterns for my indie line.  I have a great idea for a series of patterns but haven't had a chance to work on them.  Why is that, you say?  Because July 1st I had big patterns and samples due for Interweave Knits and Knitting in the Sun for Kids; August 1st I completed a baby blanket and hat; August 15 I finished a big pattern and sample for Yarn Forward.  Sept 15 I'm sending off patterns and samples for the Fresh Design project by Shannon Okey (aka, Knitgrrl).  So you can see why I might be interested in a bit of a break.

But then I started thinking about the current calls that are out right now.  Like, Petite Purls, which is looking for winterwear for kids - and I have some really cute hot green wool that would be a great winter toddler sweater because it's so warm while bright and cheery.  And KnitCircus, for which the coordinating neckwarmer and hat to the Jaume Mitts would be great (especially since the yarn is so awesome!).  And then there's my goal to one day be in Knitty - and Stacey at KnitPicks was kind enough to comp me yarn for a project for there with the understanding that if it doesn't get accepted that I'll send it along for the IDP

But the real killer?  The Summer 2011 moodboard for Interweave Knits.  I love every single one of the areas on there.  I mean, really?  Cables for summer - yes please! And lace - all about that! And shape?  I love shape!  Patchwork?  I've had a sketch for something on my desk for years and haven't had the wits to execute it, that would be perfect for this.

So I guess I'll be swatching this week.  That, and ogling all the lovely summer tops that I see at the bus stop, the grocery store, church...

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.