Beide: Cabled and eyelet summer tee

Thursday, August 19, 2010
Today I'm wearing a knit tee that I designed for Twists & Turns using Valley Yarns Southwick - Blue Lapis.  I'm in total heaven!  I don't often knit for myself - usually I'm making baby blankets, scarves, mittens, hats, etc. for other people or for community knitting - and most of my self-knits are headbands and "fichus" (as my friend Dani of Danido Crafty suggests I call them. Much sexier than "scarflette" or "shawlette").  But today I'm glorying in the joy that is a handknit tee. 

The top is called "Beide" and is currently only available in the T&T Summer 2010 issue.  It's knit in the round from the hem up, with a cable braid flanked by eyelets running up the sides.  The short sleeves take that cable and repeat it across their width.  The ribbing at hem and neck echoes the cable with an eyelet in the purled part of the rib.  This is such a comfy top - not just because it fits (!) but because the yarn is wonderfully light and silky.  I'm in love!

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.