Checking in!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Hello to all my ghost readers - I know some of you actually miss me when I neglect this poor blog (and for that I apologize!) so I'm popping in to give an update on what's going on.

It's been a busy spring, with lots of designing for publications and not much for "my indie line" (which still seems a bit odd to me to say). I'm right now racing to finish up two big pieces for a book and a major magazine by the end of the month (yes, that would be next week), which is part of the reason why I'm behind on my blogging. I also did a lovely spring/summer top for Twists & Turns, called Beide. T&T is a newsletter that focuses entirely on cabling - yay! - but unfortunately there are only a few issues left before the editor packs up shop to move on to other endeavors in life. I've always liked it, though, so am pleased to have a pattern in there before it goes away. I promise pictures when it's live! Next month doesn't promise to be much easier - I have another big item to make/write for a UK magazine by the end of July. I am deliberately masking magazine titles, as I'm superstitious about things until they're done with tech editing etc.

And after that I'm working on a largeish number of things to self-publish or to publish with Knit Picks (which is sort of the same thing). There are two shawlettes using fingering weight yarn (hand dyed by Phat Fiber friends), a hat and matching shawlette in Knit Picks CotLin, several baby blankets (including Amirah, which I've been discussing here), and who knows what else.

This Saturday is the local Stitch n Pitch, and while I can't take any of the magazine work with me (too hot, plus the privacy factor is important), I can work on the KP patterns. So if you're here because you saw one of my pattern cards, I was the woman working on the teal hat! Hi!

I find myself in need of a website. Nothing fancy, just somewhere to collect my self-published patterns and show off the magazine/book ones. If you're interested in bartering web work for patterns and/or yarn, please let me know. My Rav ID is ktlv, but if you'd like to include your email addy and links to examples in a comment I promise not to release your info to the open web (I moderate all comments). Thanks!

1 comments:

  • Dorothy

    It sounds like your design business is expanding nicely! Congratulations!

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.