Design story: Amirah stitch

Sunday, May 30, 2010
Baby blankets are great opportunities for placing a stitch against a pretty large canvas and running with it.  The only problem is - it's pretty boring to keep flipping through all my stitch dictionaries (even the Walker Treasuries!) looking for written out patterns.  Since I like doing simple lace - really eyelet - and/or knit/purl patterns for blankets, it is often just as easy to chart out my own stitches.  But before I do that I need some inspiration.  Here are some images that I saw in my mind's eye as I was planning Amirah:

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.