KnitCroBlo4: A New Skill

Thursday, April 29, 2010
Is there a skill related to your hobby that you hope to learn one day? maybe you’re a crocheter who’d also like to knit? Maybe you’d like to learn to knit continental, knit backwards, try cables or attempt stranded colorwork.
Funny that this should come up; the May challenge for the Project Yarnway group on Ravelry is to design something using a skill you don't yet have, but that can also be good for a beginner.  I feel like I have most of the basic techniques under my belt, but could use some practice with these (I plan to do something with each in the next year):
  • entrelac (did one Garterlac washcloth but want to get this more comfy)
  • Fair Isle and Intarsia (complete Mom's Inspiration scarf)
  • top down mittens and toe up socks
  • well, really, socks of any type (my project for PY this month are top-down socks for the DD with an origami heel)
  • gloves - it's the fingers that are intimidating
I'm also working on teaching myself spinning and crochet.  The spinning is coming along nicely; the crochet, not so much.  It's just so stiff, and the hook feels awkward in my hands...

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.