FOs so far

Sunday, October 11, 2009
It's been a productive first two weeks of October (or so).  At knitting group last week I finished the knitting on baby blanket #1, and then got the knittin on the shawlette done over the weekend and into the early part of the week.  So that meant that I was able to spend knitting group weaving in ends. I hate weaving in ends, so I save up a whole pile of stuff to do at once.  Somehow the combination of the batch processing with the pleasant company makes it not quite so onerous.  So now the blanket, scarflette, scarf, and crown are all done, plus I finished up the October PhatFiber headband and have started the gloves for eXtremeSpinning!  Yay!

I'm working on converting two of my popular free baby blanket patterns to paid patterns, with the addition of extra sizes and weights of yarn.  The two candidates right now are the Checkerboard and Logan's Half blankets.  Checkerboard is currently a worsted full-size pattern; Logan is a chunky half-size.  I'm writing them out for DK, worsted, and bulky weight yarns in both half and full sizes.  In both cases I'll leave the version that's currently up as free but will no longer be available to convert for people.

I also spoke with Sharon of Stitchjones about the three patterns that I designed for her last spring (This End Up Baby Vest, Peaks Child's Scarf & Hat, and the Good Day Sunshine Bag).  I'm pleased to report that I'll now be offering them via my Ravelry and Patternfish stores!  Peaks is already available, and the other two need to be converted to my style template and sent to the tech editors.

Speaking of which, I've decided to take the plunge and hire tech editors for my patterns.  I'm amazed at how quickly they work and what great suggestions they have.  Little things, too, like how I often forget to put periods at the end of my line-by-line instructions!  It's a little extra time, and a little extra expense, but in the end I think they'll make my patterns that much stronger.

1 comments:

  • Dorothy

    I'm so glad your business is really taking off! Congrats!

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.