Phatfiber May Sample: Garden Bracelet

Sunday, March 29, 2009
I am having a baby soon (within the next four days, my doctor promises!), and so I sent in my April and May samples for the Phatfiber boxes at the same time. This is also a warning - the blog may be on a bit of a hiatus for a few weeks while I get used to being Mom to two kids instead of just one!

May's bracelet uses two different eyelet lace patterns that, modified slightly and combined, look a little like garden rows to me. Thus, the Garden Bracelet. The pattern is pretty simple, with a two-button closure and simple to memorize pattern. I knit the sample in Faerie Dust & Angel Fluff Handpainted Merino Superwash Sock in the "Pink Lemonade" colorway. Very nice yarn to use - soft and springy in the hands. I liked this colorway in particular because it didn't conflict too much with the stitch pattern. The pink and yellow are similar in value and so they don't distract the eye from everything else that's going on. There are little blips of green in there too - I nearly named this the "Tulip Bracelet" because it reminded me of fields of tulips!

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.