Phatfiber March Sample

Saturday, March 14, 2009
I'm a bit late posting my March Phatfiber sample contribution - I believe the boxes go on sale this week - but here 'tis:

Shetland Bracelet - Knitting Pattern
shetland bracelet topshetland bracelet bottom

This is a bracelet/cuff made with about 18 yards of sock-weight yarn. The particular yarn used for the example is Turtle Cove Farm Turtle Feet in the "Ice Flowers" colorway. It was really nice to work with - very soft, pliable, and resistant to multiple frogging times - so if you're looking for some hand-dyed sock yarn I totally endorse this one!

For the next few Phatfiber boxes I'm sending in postcard patterns for a series of bracelets using sock yarns that came in previous boxes. All of these take less than 25 yards of yarn - just perfect for using up the extra ends of yarn that are always left over after a long project.

These patterns will only be available in postcard form to Phatfiber box purchasers - but I will be offering them as a pattern pack (four patterns, I think in the pack) later this month. That pattern pack will have one bracelet that isn't in the box, too.

Starting this month, people who sign up for the notification email (to find out when the boxes go on sale) from Phatfiber but don't manage to snag a box will get a password to a secret site with coupons on it for 10-25% off and/or free shipping from contributor's shops. The hope is that this will be a nice perk for people who don't get a box. I'm considering sending in a coupon - but would really rather people buy from my Ravelry store rather than my Etsy store - the fees are lower and Rav automatically sends the PDF without me having to do anything. I'm still figuring out the logistics of this, though.

1 comments:

  • PhatLady

    Ooh I'm glad I read this! Now I will link to your Rav page when I do your blogpost.. hope all is well on the bebe front!

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.