Two women sit on a bench - one is crocheting, one knitting...

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Yeah, so that's a lousy beginning to either a joke or a Lawson story. Sorry. But after my doctor appointment today I parked at the church (I have a long standing agreement that my "payment" for being the church librarian, I get a parking space on Franklin St. w00t!) and wandered the 30 feet to the bus stop. There was a young woman (college student?) waiting there already and - get this - she was crocheting. I was so excited! I hauled out my knitting, and we spent a companionable fifteen minutes waiting for our respective buses.

Turns out she was trying to get down to the new home of Yarns Etc., which is now on a bus line in Chapel Hill (as opposed to vaguely near a bus line in Carrboro). I gave her more specific directions than she'd had in her head. We chatted a bit, and then my bus came. It was so thrilling to see another person stitching in public, I've been floating all day.

Also, I believe it is time to reveal why I took the summer off blogging and have come back now. I'm having a baby in March! Yay!

Lastly (for now), I'm trying to round up some people to test knit a really simple felted bowl. If you have one skein of Malabrigo lying around and would like to felt something out of it, leave me a comment. I'll send you my standard terms, etc. And yes, I'm also recruiting on Ravelry, so if you want to PM me there go ahead and do so.

6 comments:

  • Dorothy

    I'm glad the news is finally out! Congratulations again!

    I was wondering about you today, hoping you are feeling okay. So glad the ability to knit has returned!

  • RagamuffinQuilts

    Congrats on the baby-to-be! Very exciting at the bus stop too - that's great to see others stitching in public. My friends and I have started doing that here around town - a TON of us get together on Wednesday nights at a coffee shop - lots of fun.

  • ponyknit

    YAY I love those KIP moments... awesome!
    Congrats! ::hugs::

  • Jessica

    Congrats KT! How exciting! On another note, I'm headed to Germany (southern) for Christmas. Any places you recommend?

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.