First Ravelympic challenge cast on!

Saturday, August 09, 2008
For my Ravelympics I'm trying to knit four toys for kids for Christmas presents (it looks like it'll be my two nephews, the DD, and S). Last night during the opening ceremonies I managed to make the four legs of Elefante. Very cute pattern, and hopefully very quick too! Unfortunately since I feel ill I'm not able to knit for long stretches, so this could be a major challenge. We'll see.

Plus, I kept getting distracted by the slightly creepy and extremely impressive ceremonies. It's difficult to envision the US pulling off synchronized tai chi using 2008 masters. OTOH, I'm not sure I'd want us to. I wish there'd been more women in the show, though, it seemed like it was mostly dudes.

Also, I am extremely angry at Saudi Arabia. No female athletes? Why do we support these people? Even the Iranians sent some women! Grr. Back to watch volleyball.

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.