Knitters for Obama - Unite for Change party

Wednesday, June 11, 2008
I've been very bad about writing to the blog lately - and I have a lot to write about - but this is the thing I'm excited bout right now:

I'm hosting a "house party" in the Unite for Change model for Barack Obama's presidential campaign. I'm inviting knitters, crocheters, spinners, etc. to my house on the 28th at 2pm to watch a video, discuss why we support Obama and ways to help the campaign, and to get in some stitch 'n bitch on the side.

The Ravelry Knitters for Obama are coordinating hat/scarf drives for local veterans' shelters - I'm happy to collect some at this event to donate as well.

You can rsvp for the party by going to http://my.barackobama.com and getting a login, then looking for local events. Mine is the top one in my south Durham (NC) zip code. Join me, it'll be fun!

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.