More washcloths

Friday, May 16, 2008
I'm working away on washcloths for the Peanut - so far I've done the knitting on a waving frog (scroll down for it) and a sailboat, and am on row 36 of 60 for a train (warning: MSWord file). Every time I do someone else's pattern I get frustrated - things just don't look the way I would make them look. There's an error in the sailboat pattern - two lines are shifted so that the mast has a kink in it - and apparently the train is done top-down (which, honestly, the pattern might say, but I didn't read it). The froggie is awfully cute, though.

The thing I really like about the train is that it is reversible - none of this garter stitch motif against stockinette stuff. While it makes it a lot longer to knit (can't just K all sts on return row), it does look nicer on both sides. The reason I'm doing other people's patterns for these cloths is that I really don't have the time to write out my own patterns. Plus, I find large-scale picture motifs inherently dull, so if someone else has done the hard work, why should I?

Last night was knitting night - I so look forward to this all week. Chance to sit around with a bunch of other women, knitting and talking about the weirdest things. I always have fun. I've been going to this group since February - so only a few months, really - and am happy with how welcoming they've been. I am not normally a shy person, but I don't like interjecting myself in an unknown social group. I think I lucked out with this group, though.

And just to prove it - my new friend Rebecca did me a huge favor and picked up US3 circs for me from Yarns Etc. b/c I couldn't get there before this weekend (when we'll be out of town). I need them for the Happy Wrap - my modular needles have a bumpy join that is aggravating when knitting lace. Thanks, Rebecca!

This weekend we're headed off to Lake Norman to chill with my brother & sisterinlaw. Should be lots of fun - sleeping, watching the water, berry picking (if the weather holds), watching movies, playing games, etc. While there is a yarn store in Mooresville, they hold weird hours so I probably won't go. Plus, I think the DH might leave me if I buy more yarn. Truth be told, I'm not feeling acquisitive right now anyway - I've got so many largeish projects that need to be done asap that I'm not particularly prepared to think about something new!

1 comments:

  • Dorothy

    Sounds like a great weekend! Have fun!

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.