Thank you Dorothy!

Sunday, March 02, 2008
On Friday I received my Defeat the Winter Doldrums Dishcloth Exchange package from my secret pal - Dorothy at Mommy + Knitter. The funny thing about this is that her "happy day" is one of the ones I picked as being similar to what I'd do! Dorothy did a fabulous job of spoiling me. Here, take a look:

We have two dishcloths - both blue - one in feather & fan (rinsy & scrubby!) and the other a pinwheel.
Then there are two skeins of cotton - one is Bernat Organic, which I haven't used before, and the other is my favorite colorway of Sugar N Cream.
We have a set of notecards (desperately needed), a fridge magnet frame, two packets of cocoa, some chocolate (Twix is my fave!), and a set of cabling needles (also desperately needed).
The soap is vanilla-scented "sheep on a rope." I am highly amused by this. My DD fell over with the giggles about it - and we're fighting over who gets to use it. My reach is higher, so I have a feeling I'll win.

Oh! I nearly forgot the stitch markers! Dorothy made me markers that are good for larger needles. These are so hard to find - and she did a fab job. She used rings that are solid (that is, not jump rings) - they look like one end of a toggle clasp? - which means they won't catch on the stitches. This makes me so happy! There are four markers - one each of pink, purple, and blue crystals, and then a larger one with a really beautiful glass bead.

But the real present here are two hats that Dorothy knit for my 20 Hats Project. They are so soft and will be very much loved by two families at the UNC Hospitals.

Thank you so much! I'm so lucky!

3 comments:

  • Gnat

    Looks like an awesome package!! Congrats.

  • Dorothy

    I'm so glad that you like your package! Yes, I used one end of a toggle clasp for the stitch markers. Now, if only I could figure out what to do with the straight end...

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.