In lieu of actual content...

Tuesday, March 25, 2008
... I'll post the current knitting progress.

Recently finished:
1: Secret project #3. It's not particularly secret - it's a cotton bucket hat made with Sugar N Cream yarn. I'll be recruiting testers on Ravelry in the next few days and hope to have the pattern up for sale next week. I'm making it in sizes from baby up through adult L. It just came out of the wash yesterday and I haven't tried it on to make sure the adult S still fits!

Nearly finished:
1: Secret project #2. A felted tote using one skein of Malabrigo worsted. This is out for testing now and should be posted by the end of the month. Possibly ON the end of the month, but hey, still in time for Malabrigo March!
2: Secret project #3. Can't give details; it was picked up by a print magazine. I've had the pattern tested and am working on the samples to send off for their photo shoot!
3: Consignment scarf. Still needs the ends woven in.

Other things OTN:
1: Yet another baby hat. I think this may be the last one for a little while - or else maybe I'll switch to bulkier yarn. I'm doing a spiral knit/purl pattern in DK-weight acrylic. It's very cute, but takes forever to make any progress. Thank goodness it's for a small head!

Today I should get my second ginormous box of yarn from Webs. I'm very excited to get started on some projects for people - not just for pattern submissions. Here's what's coming up:
  • ISE6 Scarf (by end of April) - neat reversible lace pattern
  • 1/2 blanket for R&R's baby (due in May) - checkerboard pattern
  • blanket for B&R's baby (due in July) - unknown pattern, will be nifty!
  • 1/2 blanket for A&R's baby (due in August) - dewdrop pattern
  • blanket for A&A's baby (due in September) - unknown pattern, also nifty!
  • 1/2 blanket for S&M's baby (due in August) - basketweave pattern
  • 1/2 blanket for C&G's baby (due in September) - prolly checkerboard again
  • 1/2 blanket for J&M's baby (due in November) - unknown pattern
Wow, that's a lot of baby blankets. Wow. That comes to 4 1/2 blankets, assuming two 1/2 blankets = 1 full blanket. Maybe I'll do hat/booties combos for some of them! I have yarn already for the scarf and the first four blankets, and am hoping the box o'Rowan closeouts will supply yarn for the last three.

I will clearly need some small projects to keep me happy during this time - and I'm hoping to work on Christmas presents and such. It would be nice to get some of that done so that I'm not stressed in November.

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.