Goodbye little projects!

Monday, February 25, 2008
Today I mailed off three projects that have consumed me for the last few weeks. First, I sent the Candy Striper Cloth (and assorted gifties, including my first beaded stitch markers ever!) to my secret dishcloth pal. As soon as she reports that she's received it, I'll publicly post her blog here. This was an easy send - I'm all excited about the gifties enclosed, and hope she will be too.

Also sent was a baby hat - very overdue - for the 1st birthday of our friends R and McK's baby, F. It was the hat to the Curly Snowflake topper. I hope he likes it (well, actually, I hope they like it) and that it's not too big.

The hardest thing to send off today, though, was a submission for a book. I have to admit, I LOVE this thing. I just hope the editors do too. After mailing it I kept thinking of all sorts of little add-ons I could have made. Would it have been a stronger submission if I'd included alternate sizing (it's not something that normally comes in multiple sizes)? Is my gauge off? Maybe it would have been better in a different color... maybe I should've attached photos. Oi. Honestly, I'm almost at the point where I wish I hadn't handed it over to the "nice lady" at the USPS...

In other news, I'm nearly done with all the current WIPs (have to sew on a face to the kitty and felt down a few bags/bowls). I'm at a bit of loose ends about what to do next - more because nothing is driving me wild than that I don't know what to do. Also, I had anoter brainstorm over the weekend about a fab pattern that I think Knitty would go for. Ack! Not enough knitting time in the day!

2 comments:

  • KT - I'm your dishcloth pal, but I've lost your address! Can you email it to quietknitter@gmail.com? I've emailed Anne, but haven't heard back yet. I'm so sorry!

  • Spinstah

    A book submission? That is awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (well, metaphorically anyway. Might be tough to answer reference ?s without them available . . . ).

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.