Winter Washcloth Swap Questionnaire

Wednesday, January 09, 2008
I'm home for the third day in a row with a sick child... exciting! Here's the high point of my day: answering the Defeat the Winter Doldrums Dishcloth Exchange questionnaire. ;)

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? - Technically, both. But crochet kicks my butt every time I try it, so really, I just knit.

2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? I use circs for pretty much everything, since I knit on the bus and they're just way more convenient than straights. Most of my needles are metal, with a few really ancient plastic ones thrown in for good measure. I inherited most of my needles from my Oma, and have a set of Boye Needlemaster exchangeables.

3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you've been wanting to try? I mostly use the Sugar N Cream or Peaches & Creme, since that's was easiest for me to get. But I'm all excited that I found some Pakucho Organic Cotton on Elann.com, so am thinking of making things out of that.

4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)? Pretty much blues, whites, and creams. We're hoping to redo our master bath this spring in a sagey color...

5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite? I like jewel tones - intense blues, greens, reds, purples - and am less fond of yellows, oranges, browns, and greys. But pretty much any color works in the right context.

6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends? I get SADD, so yeah, I pretty much abhor winter.

7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps? Chocolate? Actually, my all time favorite (when I was living in Cambridge) was to go to the used bookstores and "rescue" books...

8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps? Hot cocoa. With marshmallows.

9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa? Can't stand coffee. Tea and Cocoa are good. I particularly like herbal teas - and don't do milk-based cocoa (I always scald the milk).

10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do? New Zealand. But it might have to be for two weeks, since it would take about a week just to get there and back.

11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of? I am "sensitive" to wool. I'm also "sensitive" to codeine and onions, though those are usually less of a problem in these swaps.

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.