Why I love the Internets...

Thursday, January 24, 2008
Yesterday I was rooting around on Ravelry (yes, I do this a lot! I'm KTLV - come say hi!) when I ran across an old friend from college. I believe the last time I saw her was nine years ago next month - when she was singing the part of the gypsy nurse (named ? can't remember) in Candide. She's now a knitter too (among other things), and of course has a knitting blog: Looking Glass Knits. Jen makes the most fabulous top-down sweaters (note the several free patterns), and just put up her first for-sale pattern, the Radcliffe Cardigan. It's beautiful, and I may have to make one for myself! The Paula's Vintage Cable Sweater is also tempting...

In looking at Jen's patterns I'm struck with how classic and detailed they are - compared to my somewhat goofy cloths, blankets, and hats. To each her own, I suppose. I'm just not a sweater kind of girl, I think, either because it's too warm to wear them for much of the year or because I just don't have the patience for long-term projects. Speaking of which, the current preschooler sweater is still on the needles. I managed to do 5 rounds of the sleeve on the bus - and my hands are KILLING me. Only 8 more rounds to go, and that will be over. I really think it's a combination of sticky yarn and sticky needles - I've never had this much trouble with dp's before. I tried the hat on the DD's head - fits great - so now I just have to finish it up.

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.