December Knitting Roundup

Monday, December 31, 2007
Man do my hands hurt! I've been knitting like a crazy person (occasionally people have said so, even) trying to get Christmas presents finished in time. The last ones just got done today - had to sew a few last ends in on a mitten and a baby blanket - in time for gifts at a party tonite and another tomorrow. Yay!

Here's the deal:
Skeins knit: 12 (in 15 projects!)
1 skein Colinette Cadenza (Peekaboo mitts)
1/3rd skein Sugar n Cream (washcloth)
3 1/2 skeins Cotton Ease (baby blanket)
1 1/4 skeins Patons Bohemian (scarf)
1/2 skein Moda Dea Sassy Stripes (child's mitts)
1 skein Lana Grossa Stop Print (baby hat & preemie hat)
1 skein Peaches N Creme (3 preemie hats: Too Early Birthday, Conehead)
1 skein Plymouth Dreambaby DK (3 preemie hats: Ripple Brim, Baby Bowties)
3/4 skein Wool Ease (Hannah hat)
1 2/3 skein Lion Suede (scarf)

Skeins given away: 0 (no biggie. in reality my DD claims the ends of yarn, so they might count, but not today)

Skeins added: 11
2 skeins Cascade Fixation (gift from SP)
2 skeins Lion Suede print (used most for scarf)
1 skein Patons SWS (for commissioned Wavy Days Clutch)
3 skeins Colourful Deer Silk (gift from ISE5 pal)
2 skeins Patons Bohemian (used most for scarf)
1 skein Bernat Soft Boucle (destined for hats)

So that's a net decrease of one skein for December. According to my notes, I had 126.5 skeins in Ravelry at the end of October; now I have 111.5. That's a decrease over the two months of 15 skeins (I'm not sure how the math on this works out - according to a different set of notes, I should have a decrease of 16 skeins. this may involve fuzzy logic. get it? fuzzy? yarn? har har). My Stashalong goal is to get down to 106.5 skeins by the end of January - which means I need a net decrease of 5 skeins in the next 31 days. Doable!

The funny thing, of course, is that my downfall this summer/fall/winter has been gift yarn. Not that I don't want gift yarn! Because of various swaps I've received 36 skeins since August. While several of these have been knit up already (particularly the cotton!), a number are still awaiting inspiration to strike. I'm nearly there with the bamboo that Twisted Knitster sent me (thank you again!), but have been holding off until after the holiday crazy knitting... I only purchased 32 skeins during the same period! And the really cool thing? From August through December I knit 53.5 skeins and gave away 31! So that means that my stash is 16.5 skeins smaller than it was at the beginning of August - which is a 13% decrease over 5 months. Not what I was hoping for (I'd like to cut the stash in half by July 1, 2008), but a definite positive trend.

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.