Summary of Suggestions from the Contest

Thursday, November 08, 2007
Thanks to everyone who left me comments in my Blogiversary contest! I had 23 people leave comments, and 30 total entries. According to the random number generator I found on the 'net, Maureen is the winner! Maureen, please leave me a comment with your email (I will delete it) so we can make shipping plans. Congrats!

I asked for your favorite patterns (or other suggestions) to help me out with my Christmas knitting. Here's what you suggested:

Hats
Michelle's Snowman hat (so cute!)
Evergreenknits suggested the Two Tone Hat and the Warm Ribbed Winter Hat (I like this idea)
Alison likes You Don't Know Our Women (I like the name!)
Hannah likes the Kim's hat and children's cotton hats in Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Monique's fave is the Adult Knitted Hat
RandomRanter thinks Topi "looks fun"

Sweaters
Laura suggested the Knit Pure and Simple Cardigan
Ikkinlala suggested Devan
Tracy suggested the Baby Surprise Jacket (so cool)
Kate loves Trellis

Fingerless Mitts
Evergreen knits and Turtle turned me on to the Fingerless Mitts for Fall KAL (excellent!)
Edina and Hannah suggested the fingerless gloves from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (which I now own)
Jen C linked to the Fingerless Mitts from Knitting-and
Maureen loves the Mermaid Gloves
Elizabeth Delisi made the Men's Fingerless Gloves (finally! one for a dude!)
Alison found a link for converting sock patterns to mittens, and suggested the Ribzagger Socks or Smocked Gauntlets (this is a definite possibility)
Ponyknits' fave is from Knitting at Knoon and also the Nearly Gloves

Bags/Purses
Squiggi suggested the Felted Birdhouse Handbag (OMG!)
Maureen also loves the Sophie Bag (I've seen lots of variations on this one, too)
Surviving likes the Booga Bag (don't we all!)
Kitty Parson suggested the Knitting Needle Bag and the Orange Felted Bag

Toys
Heddy linked to the felted toys from Fibre Trends
Ren had a bunch of suggestions: Knitted Bunny, Woolie the Ewe, Bob, and Ysolda's bunny/kitties
Alison seems to overestimate my design skillz. She suggests a tooth (Ravelry link) or making a snowman with a sweater.
Crazzybunny suggested the Toy Rabbit (but in white instead of brown)
Kate also likes the Mochimochi Uh-Ohs
Jennygirl suggests the Fluffy Bunny Head Blanket

Bowls
Alison (full of ideas, that one) suggested one of the bowls from the 2nd Magical Knitting book - esp the Somersaulting Rim Trifold Bowl (wow. double wow. I bought the book!)

Placemats
Trek offered up her Nubbly Placemat (with matching Napkins - I love this one)
Ponyknit suggested Nubbins (very similar to Trek's)

1 comments:

  • Maureen

    Wha-hoo!! What a nice way to start my day! Winning a contest!! Here's my addy:
    mmooney49 at hotmail dot com. I loved all the suggestions people made for you to use! Can't wait to see what you choose to make!!

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.