Recovery from Thanksgiving

Wednesday, November 28, 2007
We managed to survive Thanksgiving with a minimum of pain. First, no one asked me when we're having more children (apparently the family has been warned!), and relatively few bugged me about my knitting. The step-SIL kept going on and on about how knitting was her "winter sport a few years ago" but that now she has "no time." Grr. Refreshingly, though, a cousin (who is due any day now) was really excited about the 10-week knitting course she's taking at the adult ed center nearby, so we had fun talking about her projects. As a reward I knit her a baby hat. ;) She's been warned not to expect a baby blanket until after the holidays, tho.

Lots of people falling pregnant. All around me. Oi. I'm up to three new blankets for the spring/early summer...

Lots of knitting got done: a wrap for a friend going through a tough family time (2 skeins Patons Divine), 2 baby hats (1/2 skein Cotton-Ease), finished up the third Jayne Hat (1 skein Lamb's Pride Bulky), and the better part of a moebius basket and a pair of child's mittens. I need to do some finishing and some blocking, but am otherwise on track for my stashbusting goals. It should be about 10 skeins knit, plus 5.5 skeins given away in my Blogiversary contest. I did buy 2 skeins of wonderfully sheepy yarn from Drumlin Farm (Mass Audubon farm/sanctuary), to maybe make into a hat? gloves? for the DH. So cool to have yarn from sheep I've met! Even if it is wool!

Yesterday I finished posting the pattern for my ISE5 scarf, the Pinnacles Scarf. It's my favorite scarf yet - 3 skeins of wonderful wool/bamboo heaven. For sale (below) for $3.

I'm also ahead of schedule on the Christmas knitting (shock!), especially since I pared back some projects. I've finished hat #11 for the 20 Hats Project, so am just over the halfway point on that. What's left are two pairs of mittens, 9 preemie hats, and a sweater for the DD. Also need to pick up the baby blanket again.

Over on Ravelry I've been adding the patterns from Black Purl Magazine. Turns out the editor lives near me! In swap news I've sent off my last package to my secret pal (revealed! Cheryl aka the Knitting Wildflower!), and the scarf to my ISE5 partner (reveal coming!). That's a relief. I think I may take a break from swaps for a while - maybe just stick to the dishcloth ones. They are the ones I've enjoyed the most, as my partners and the hostesses have been great. Also, while I have plenty of scarves, hats, totes, etc., I can always use washcloths!

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.