Bark N Knit's Contest (and I've Calmed Down)

Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Apparently 'tis the season for contests (OMG this is exactly how I started a post last week about contests! I'm going crazy!)... go check out the Thanksgiving-themed comments contest at Bark N Knit's. Tell her I sent you! This is a contest I can enter - the prize is NOT yarn, but rather really cute notecards made by her sister (and for sale in the sis' etsy shop, natch).

I neglected to mention in my rant yesterday that I was working on two Jayne hats*- for various boyos in the famndamily - and am loving making them. Bulky yarn + US11 needles + deliberately "amateur" style knitwear = less stress for me! I'm not sure if I'll be posting the pattern for these - I read so many patterns that were essentially identical that it seems a bit redundant to write up another. But I love the pattern and will definitely keep it in mind for future projects as well...

Christmas knitting is coming along, particularly since I've decided to drop some of the original projects in order to protect my sanity (and hands; my left thumb is achy again). Not revealing which ones have been sacrificed - what if I do them anyway? ;)

*Modeled on the hat worn by the character Jayne Cobb (played by Adam Baldwin, now on Chuck) in the short-lived but excellent Joss Whedon show Firefly. The episode with the hat (The Message) was not shown with the original series, but was on the DVD and was shown on SciFi. The hats are a serious fan cult fave! And the reason for one of the best lines ever: "Man walks down the street in a hat like that, you know he's not afraid of anybody."

2 comments:

  • Gnat

    Thank you for posting about my contest. :) And I'm glad you seem to be better today. :) Christmas knitting seems so far away but needs to be NOW. ;)

  • kaykatrn

    And Kaylee's comment that it was "the sweetest had I've ever seen" runs a close second. Draws straight from the old saying about a little mistake making the receiver know you made it with your own hands. Maybe I'll make one for my Firefly fan!

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.