Swap Goodies!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007
There's something to be said for surprise presents when you feel really down... this week I came home to multiple packages related to the Fall into Autumn Dishcloth Swap and Secret Pal 11. The only down side is that I'm so far behind on my stash reduction goals that I'll have to take a strike this month on Stashalong! (not a bad problem to have!)

First I will show off my dishcloth swap goodies:
Cetta really spoiled me on this one. Here's my haul:
2 round cloths (I'm dying to do some this way!)
2 skeins of CotLin (which I've been coveting since it was first announced on Knit Picks... what to make?)
1 cake of sheep's milk soap, and 2 guest soaps shaped like hearts. Fabulous!
The Knit Simple Fall 2007 issue (going to make the mittens and a baby sweater from it)
Wendy Knits (halfway read already)
1 bag of Halloween M&Ms (the DD calls these "Lemonems" and is after them)
1 box of spooky chocolate cookies (gone)
1 set of fall-themed spreaders (to be used at Thanksgiving)

Thank you Cetta!!

I also got my prize for winning a contest given by my SP11 hostess, Christine. 2 skeins of 2nd Chance (recycled) cotton in a lovely blue/white marl, and some cute stitch markers. A girl can never have too many stitch markers!

And, the icing on the cake, I got a package from my still-secret-pal! Wow, SP, you are mighty generous:
16 skeins of Rowan 100% Bamboo, including 10 in the most beautiful wine color (sweater!)
4 skeins of 100% soybean yarn, in a great aqua
No Sheep for You (half read already!)
And a great reversible bag - with a funky purple/black on one side and a gardeny lilac theme on the other. It's got pockets on the sides, and is very roomy. A great knitting tote!
She also included a sweet note with one of my favorite Gilda Radner quotes: "I base most of my fashion sense on what doesn't itch." Amen, sister.

Thank you, Secret Pal!!

3 comments:

  • I'm glad you liked the SP box. I did struggle a little with what to send such a prolific knitter. I have noticed that you work on most items that can be carried in a project bag though and there is no such thing as too many bags or too many pairs of shoes. Not my pattern but I chose the fabric and did the sewing with a little help from someone with more sewing skills than I had. She was happy to help me create the pattern from something I liked. Happy to see that the pachages were able to put a smile on your face.
    Your SP

  • Alison

    Hey, cool, that 2nd time Cotton is the same yarn - and, I think, the same colorway - that I did my tank top with!

    Great swap stuff! Just got mine from my dishcloth pal, and need to blog it then hurry and stuff the box for my downstream pal!

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.