Again with the I'm Still Here

Sunday, October 28, 2007
I realize I haven't been blogging much lately. Between being unwell and at two different conferences, I've been either away from the computer or just wanting to sit and watch TV while knitting. It's sad that I often come to feel that blogging takes away from knitting time - sad because it also takes away from eating, sleeping, etc. time too but those are sacrificeable...

The TV I've been watching has largely been baseball (GO SOX!), but I also caught an episode or two of Pushing Daisies. I'm highly amused that not only does the hard-nosed PI knit to relieve stress (and has so far made himself a vest and pistol cozies, as well as money bags, since the series began), but he saved the three main characters by puncturing a bag with a needle that he just happened to be carrying in his breast pocket.

Now, if only the show understood the difference between stockinette and 2x2 rib stitch, I'd be really happy. Also, the vest is exceedingly ugly (which is part of the character, I suppose). :) Always makes me happy when knitting (or librarians) show up in popular culture!

I'm posting several patterns today, enjoy!

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.