Additional fun facts about this scarf:
- It's completely reversible, because there's an odd number of rows in the pattern repeat
- While the pattern isn't quite as boring as garter stitch, it's still pretty mindless, so is a good baseball/football/basketball/conference talk project
- It gets alternating ridges of stockinette/reverse stockinette (depending on your perspective) between garter dips
- The MicroSpun is really soft and drapey, making this a surprisingly supple scarf
- It was immensely popular in the auction, which just goes to show that people love those Muppets!
Finished dimensions: 3.5in by 72in (8.75cm by 180cm)
1 skein Lion MicroSpun (100% Microfiber acrylic) Color: Mango [2.50oz/70g to 168yd/154m)
1 skein Baton Rouge (100% Nylon) Color: 2007 pink, orange, yellow, green [50g to 153yd/140m]
US 10 (6mm) needles
Holding one strand of each yarn together, cast on 20sts.
Work in garter stitch (knit all stitches) for 5 rows.
Row 1: Purl
Rows 2-5: Knit
Repeat these five rows until about 2 yards (about 2m, doesn't have to be exact) of the fur remains after row 1 (the purl row)
Work in garter stitch for 5 rows.
Bind off all stitches.
Weave in ends.