Very Good Yarn Karma Week

Saturday, September 29, 2007
It's been a great few yarnie days... let me 'splain... no, no, there is too much... let me sum up:

1: On Monday at the weekly church potluck I dropped off a bagful of yarn for the churchschool crafts closet. Which decreased the stash by 13 skeins/skein equivalents! I'll do the total September stash roundup tomorrow (that is, the last day of September), in the hopes that I'll finish the blanket-that-won't-finish today.

2: Thursday evening, while going through the undesignated FOs pile to separate out for sale from for charity items, I found two more preemie hats for the 20 Hats Project. And, since I finished one earlier this week, I now have 5 that I've made. I also got a great package in the mail from a nice woman in Oregon (?) who donated three hats and three mini-blankets.

3: Friday at lunch I attended the awards ceremony for the Hats with Heart drive. I won 1st Place for "The Classic Hat"! The hat that won was the blue Homespun one - and it was a weird design/construction, so I am totally amazed that it was the one picked. My reward was a certificate (suitable for framing!) and a $50 gift card for the Aveda Institute in Chapel Hill - I am totally getting a mani/pedi and a facial!

4: There was another knitter on the bus on the way back to the park n ride! I've been riding that bus for about three, maybe four years now, and I don't remember ever seeing anyone else KOBing - and of course I was too shy to wander over and say hi. Also, she was sitting in the "leave me alone" seat that has no others near it, and I was already sitting down when I saw her, and the bus started up, and at the next stop a friend of mine got on and sat with me. Excuses, I know, but at least when I pulled out the blanket-that-won't-finish I felt moral solidarity.

5: I just got my Ravelry invite! Yay! I'm "KTLV" and have not put anything up yet. I'm so excited, which is goofy since I wasn't so sure I wanted to sign up in the first place...

1 comments:

  • Alison

    Yay for good yarn karma! And congrats on winning the hat award! Wow! I love the shape of that hat - so firm, so solid and warming :)

    Speaking of knitters on transportation, on our way back from SF on the plane, the 3rd person in our row was a knitter! We both had felted bags containing WIP - actually, she had 2 bags, one a very small one with a cutely added zipper - so we got knit- geeky and chatted for half the flight, leaving Andy to his book. It was really funny. I probably should add the anecdote to my blog...

    I signed up for Ravelry a bit after you, so maybe this means my invite will come soon!

    I will definitely get a couple of hats out, anyway, just as as soon as I finish the twin baby booties and swap dishcloth. That's great that another Oregonian is donating things!

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.