Double Arrowhead Lace Bookmark

Friday, September 14, 2007
Several versions of this lovely lace bookmark exist, but I just had to do my own. This is an easy stitch to memorize - only four pattern rows - and knits up very quickly. In addition to bookmarks, it looks nice as a scarf! Apologies for the poor quality of the photograph!

Finished dimensions: Approx. 2in (5cm) by 7in (17cm)
Gauge: Not particularly important; you want it slightly firmer than normal.

Materials:
1 skein Patons Grace 100% mercerized cotton (1.75oz/50g to 136yd/125m)
US 3 (3.25mm) needles
Darning needle

Instructions:
Cast on 17 stitches.
Knit all stitches for two rows.

Pattern row 1 (right side): K3; (YO; SSK; K1; K2tog; YO; K1) twice; K2
Pattern rows 2 & 4: K2; P13; K2
Pattern row 3: K1; (K3; YO; Sl1 wyib; K2tog; PSSO; YO) twice; K4

Repeat these four pattern rows until bookmark is just shy of desired length (about 7in [17cm]), ending with pattern row 3.

Knit all stitches for two rows.
Bind off in knit.
Sew in ends.
Block lightly.

1 comments:

  • Alison

    You know, I need to get some crochet cotton or at least some nice thin yarn - my rather (comparatively! ;) measly stash is mostly worsted - and make a bunch of your bookmarks. I really should attempt this before I next host the geocaching womens book group I belong to :) If I do, I'll be sure to take a picture!

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Please contact the author with questions about use of patterns for teaching classes. You are welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or cottage crafting, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.