Dishcloth Swap Topic #3: Favorite Thing About Fall

Monday, September 24, 2007
Here's the week's topic for the Fall Into Autumn Dishcloth Swap:
Autumn has now officially begun here in the States!! What is your favorite thing about Autumn/Fall? Why?
I have to admit, for me Autumn doesn't get going until the leaves start to change and the nights get a bit cooler. It's still reliably at least in the upper 80s this week (in the 90sF over the weekend), so it still feels like summer. But here's what I like, in no particular order:
  • Being able to wear clothes with sleeves and not roasting to death when waiting for the bus.
  • Being able to wear shoes that don't show my toes.
  • Eating ice cream outside but not having it melt.
  • Planting.
  • The day after a hurricane, when the weather is its most beautiful.
  • Halloween - seeing all the kids come trick or treating to my door, plus the DD's joy in dressing up.
  • Thanksgiving - see other posts for my waxing rhapsodic about Thanksgiving.
  • Pie.
  • The ASIST conference. Three of my friends won awards this year - two of whom I originally met through ASIST - and I've got some fun things that I'm running at the conference.
  • Being able to sleep with the blanket on, and not wake up sweaty in the middle of the night.
  • Sweaters (late fall).
  • Sunrise is late, so the DD sleeps in a bit.
This is all I can think up right now. There's more, of course, but my brain is fried so it will have to go unchronicled.

4 comments:

  • Marlyn

    Am I first? Cool! Sweaters are great, but I hate wearing shoes!!!

  • KT

    Amen to that, sister. It is nice, however, to walk barefoot in grass that's not all crunchy!

  • Fall is my favorite - do the leaves turn down there, KT? Forgive my ignorance -though I love your part of the country, I've never spent a fall there!

    -Secret Pal

  • KT

    The leaves do turn here - though right now they're mostly turning because of the drought rather than the season. The maples can be so stunning that it's hard to drive, you're so blown away by the reds and yellows... and the redbuds turn the most amazing colors too!

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.