Results of the Hair Accessories Poll

Tuesday, August 21, 2007
So Blogger introduced the new polling feature, and I love it. My first poll, "what would you knit to wear in hair" got 75 votes over a two week period. Here are the results (you could pick more than one option, though I'm betting people who went with "none" didn't pick the others):

35 (46%) would knit a headband.
26 (34%) would knit a scrunchie.
14 (18%) would knit a clip/barrette accessory.
16 (21%) would not knit hair accessories.

This begs the question, why aren't there more patterns out there for hair stuff? They're great little projects - fast, stashbusting, and cute - and yet I can't find anything for sale (like, a pattern book), and most of the free things are pretty simple garter stitch headbands. Even the listing on the Free Pattern Directory is dominated by cold-weather headbands...

I think I feel this lack of good patterns for hair things because here in the South we really don't wear warm hats all that often. I put the "warm" qualifier in there because I am in fact known for wearing hats all year round - and am wearing one today - but they are generally straw or straw-like. What I really want to put on my head is something to hold my hair either/both away from my face or off my neck. Because, people, I'm overheating! It's 102F!

Maybe someone should put together a book of knit accessories for hot weather gals!

Anyhoo - new poll coming soon...

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.