On getting noticed

Wednesday, August 15, 2007
So apparently I had yet another Pattern of the Day over on Daily Knitter... it appears they have picked up my blog and are trolling it for patterns to post.

This makes me wonder - why my patterns, and why so often? I mean, obviously the free ones are candidates for this type of thing, so a basic "why" could be that they meet the criteria for inclusion: free, with a picture, relatively easy (I've noticed that the skill level of patterns that are "Of the Day" is generally Basic). However, Rachel adds at least 30 new patterns to the Knitting Pattern Central listings every week - so surely there are other designers out there providing new and interesting patterns...

So could it be that there's something unusual about my stuff? I really don't think so - except insofar as I tend to knit things that appeal to me. I admit that the original reason I started doing my own patterns was that I could never find patterns for things like scarves, hats, washcloths, and blankets that were beyond the normal garter stitch boringness. In that vein, I'm going to post my basic baby hat pattern a bit later - as well as take some photos of FOs for the week. I still owe y'all some bag patterns, too...

Anyhoo. Thanks to everyone who is coming by - enjoy the blog and the patterns. If you're looking for something in particular, let me know in the comments and I'll see if I have ideas.

Oh and, hi Secret Pal!

Alison, I haven't forgotten about you - I'm cooking up ideas and am not ready to share yet. :)

3 comments:

  • Whatever the reason I think it's awesome! Congrats! :D

  • Alison

    Yay, getting noticed! Maybe one of your secret pals runs the site or something :)

    No rush on my bag, I have plenty of things I am working on (but can't wait to see what you're cooking up). By the way, did you happen to get a small package in the mail recently??

  • Janette

    I think your patterns are awesome and you deserve to be recognized. Thank you so much for your generosity in sharing with us.

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.