Repetitive motion...

Wednesday, June 20, 2007
So I've been doing a lot of knitting lately, and my hands are really complaining. Every morning lately I wake up with sore fingers - particularly, for some odd reason, my left thumb. I've decided that this is an indication that I should take a break from knitting and do some housekeeping stuff. Here's what's on the docket for the next week (blued out as they are completed):

1: Get free pattern for Rivalry Scarf posted
2: Get free patterns for Polarspun Child's Hat & Scarf posted
3: Get for sale patterns for Hugs & Kisses Clutch and Wavy Days Clutch posted
4: Sketch out patterns for 3 new bookmarks (using BW's 2nd Treasury)
5: Sketch out pattern for Jordan's half blanket
6: Sketch out pattern for Alison's felted tote
7: Post for sale finished objects
8: Make an inventory of the stash and assign projects when possible

That should be enough to do, no? Plus, my MIL is coming for a visit this weekend and we are hoping to go to the NC Zoo. Unfortunately, it's hard to do a lot of the above on the bus/in the car, but I'll survive.

The knitting that remains to be done by the end of the month is about half of the MK submission (if I send it at all) and the rest of the ITE4 bag. For the tote I'm making a whole lotta squares - 34 - and have finished all but 10. I also need to do a big rectangle for the inside pocket as well as the two handle straps. And then on to construction and felting. It's easy and mindless, but still makes my hands hurt.

Which is odd, because I don't feel like I'm actually knitting more than usual (certainly not more than most November/Decembers), but my hands really ache. Maybe I'm dehydrated? Maybe the wool sensitivity (thanks to my upstream ITE4 partner for pointing out the difference between and allergy and a sensitivity, I feel much better about it now) is causing problems? Who knows...

2 comments:

  • Alison

    "6: Sketch out pattern for Alison's felted tote"

    Hem. Does that mean you got my email? ;^) Or is this for Als (so confusing!)?

    I started a knitting-geocaching blog the other day, but it only has one post so far. Don't know how often I'll get to it. But I'll try!!

  • KT

    You found me! Yes, this is you... I've sent you email with more questions. It might actually be fun to sketch out a pattern and then see the finished product across our two blogs...

    For all the rest of you - Alison is my college roommate, who now lives on the other side of the continent from me. We're bad about keeping in touch, but love each other anyway!

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.