Who are you and why are you here?

Friday, May 11, 2007
So my blog stats have suddenly shot up this week... I'm assuming this is due to the popularity of Reduce Reuse Recycle, but am not sure. If you have a mo' please let me know in the comments what brought you here and what you're looking for. I'm trying to post patterns for my stash knitting as I finish them, but am not confident that I'll be posting one a day (that would be impressive, to have a FO a day!).

If you're wondering why I have so many scarves made from novelty yarn, well, it's for three reasons. 1: I like fondling the fuzzy yarn in the store, and after getting so intimate with a skein I feel like I ought to take it home. 2: People give me yarn, and usually it's fluffy. 3: I sell knit stuff at craft fairs and in a silent auction for my professional society, and people seem to buy fluffy scarves more readily than anything else I've ever sold. For my personal knitting I tend to do a lot of cotton - it's hot in North Carolina - particularly stuff for my dd and various friends' offspring.

I'm also a Certified Knitting Teacher - so if you have problems/questions about a pattern or a technique feel free to drop me a comment, and I'll see if I can help. Got yarn that's blocking you, and need a suggestion of what to do with it? Let me know - I'll come up with something, I'm sure!

4 comments:

  • Jen

    Loved the Reduce Reuse Recycle bag pattern. From experience though, is there any way to add a comment to ask knitters to check they aren't using biodegradable bags for it. I knit a dress out of bags and several rows disintegrated over time.

  • KT

    A: You knit a dress out of bags? So way cool! I don't suppose you have piccys to share?

    B: I honestly did not know that you could get bags that are biodegradable. I don't believe my local stores use them. This could be a US vs. UK thing. Good point, though!

    I'm glad you like the pattern -
    KT

  • Debbie

    I'm Debbie, an avid knitter (duh) and blog collector. I did get here from the Magknit link in the Reduce Reuse Recyle bag pattern. I can't wait to make this bag.

    Okay, dumb question but I'm a little anal and I want to MAKE SURE!!! You tie the strips of plastic together, right? Or if not...what? Thanks and congratulations on yet another interesting design.

  • KT

    Hi Debbie,
    You can join the strips any way you please - they are a bit slippery so if you either depend on weaving in the ends or on doubling yarn (the last bit of the old yarn doubled with the first bit of the new), leave extra to allow for slippage. If you normally join new skeins with a knot, then feel free to do so in this case too.

    Enjoy! KT

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.