Latest Pattern is Away

Wednesday, May 30, 2007
So I finished the object and pattern for my submission to the July issue of Black Purl Magazine - just emailed it off to L'Tanya a moment ago. Can I just say, I LOVE writing patterns out! I've been designing my own bags, hats, scarves, even the odd sweater now for a while, but never bothered to write down how I did anything. It's rather cool to actually see in print (even if just off my own printer) what I did. Usually I try to incorporate something interesting - usually a stitch pattern - if only to keep myself from going buggy with stockinette/garter all the time.

I've also finished a half-sized baby blanket, and will post the photo/pattern as soon as I manage to get a photo taken. In the meanwhile, here's a cropped teaser for the pattern I sent off to BPM. It was fun to knit - I did a lot of it while at MLA last week, and finished it up over the weekend. And, it used up 9oz of the yarn that is taking over my stash!

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.