International Tote Exchange IV

Monday, May 14, 2007

I'm all excited to join my first knitting exchange - the International Tote Exchange IV. Somehow I keep missing the deadlines to sign up for these things. I nearly missed this one (it's the 15th), but slid in under the wire.

And now to think about the bag I want to make for my secret pal... I suppose it depends on her likes/dislikes, but I have ideas for about three different ones simmering in my head. One is knit sideways with shortrows to make interestingly striped patterns, then felted. Another (also felted) has two layers - one tall pocket placed inside a short and wide main bag. A third uses sari silk (I have a lot of that stuff hanging out in the ol' stash). And then there's that soy/wool blend that I'd love to do some cabling with. Maybe I'll felt it too. Oh, and the green wool that I was going to do Celtic designs on and felt.

Wow, I do like to felt, don't I?

I suppose I could also make a twin Reduce Reuse Recycle bag, now that I've got that down pat! Ooh - maybe with a matching purse to go with it. That's a thought...

New pattern coming tomorrow. I have to find the hat and figure out how I made it before I can post the instructions. It's way cute, though!

5 comments:

  • Clare

    I too am in the exchange and am excited as its my first go at something like this, shall be fun! Good luck and will look forward to reading your site.

  • Clare

    Also Summer of Socks 2007 is beginning if you are a sock knitter.

  • KT

    Hi Clare! I guess it's like having a pen pal, only you're fairly sure the person will actually send you something by the end of the summer... I'm all fluttery, which is so goofy! Have to admit - I'm not much of a sock person. I just don't wear them much, and when I do it's for gardening. This may be a Southern thing - we do barefeet a lot. I see you're from CT, so maybe that's the difference... :) Thanks for stopping by!

  • Jennifer

    A finished picture of Reduce Reuse Recycle is on my blog! (The May 11 post.) It was a surprisingly quick knit, and since my coworkers have unloaded some of their bags on me I think I'll make another...

  • KT

    Thanks for letting me know, Jennifer. It looks great - you even did the stripes! KT

  • Copyright Notice

    All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.