Dream Zigzag Scarf

Monday, April 09, 2007
Materials:
2 skeins Moda Dea Dream (or substitute sport weight chenille with eyelash)
US 10 (6mm) Needles
yarn needle or crochet hook for securing loose ends

Instructions:
Cast on 12 stitches
Row 1: Knit all stitches
Row 2: K1 M1 K9 K2Tog
Rows 3-12: Repeat these two rows 5 more times (6 times total)
Row 13: Knit all stitches
Row 14: K2Tog K9 M1 K
Rows 15-20: Repeat these two rows 3 more times
Row 21: Knit all stitches
Row 22: K1 M1 K9 K2Tog
Rows 23-28: Repeat these two rows 3 more times
Row 29: Knit all stitches
Row 30: K2Tog K9 M1 K
Rows 31-36: Repeat these two rows 5 more times

Work pattern six times total.
Bind off all stitches.

I hated working with this yarn. The eyelash (wonderfully soft) was wrapped improperly around the chenille (also wonderfully soft), so when I worked with it I ended up pushing the chenille along the eyelash and getting big loops of chenille. I ended up having to cut the yarn every few yards, pull out the extra chenille, and then start with new ends. If I were doing this pattern again (and I will - it looks way cool but is easy, despite the large number of rows) I'll make my own combination of chenille with eyelash, rather than buying the Moda Dea.

By the way, the trick to this pattern is a row counter. If you're uncomfortable with the M1 (Make one) technique for increasing, use whatever technique you like. I think the M1 is nearly invisible, particularly in a scarf like this one, so I use it preferentially over the K1/P1 in same loop style.

0 comments:

Copyright Notice

All content in this blog, including patterns and photos, is the intellectual property of Katherine Vaughan. All rights under US Copyright Law are reserved. Teachers, please direct your students to download/print out their own copies of patterns used in class. You are, of course, welcome to use items knit from any pattern for charity or sale, with the statement "design by Katherine Vaughan" appreciated.